Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Week 11: Day 50-54 - VA Votes #4


Monday:
Today, Mr. Elkner was not here. He told me that this guy who meets with on Thursdays was going to make a diagram for me and email it to me, so I could create a database for VA Votes. Unfortunately, I did not get any email. Instead, I spent the class sharpening my skills in Postgres by messing around with other commands, and learning about SQL in general through the w3schools Then course.

Tuesday:
Today, I started out by telling Mr. Elkner I didn't get an email from the guy. Apparently, the guy didn't show up to the last meeting, so now Mr. Elkner will email him. I helped Amanuel access his Windows directory from his bash shell, since it puts you into the Ubuntu directory instead.

Wednesday:
I had my AP English test today, so I'm exhausted. I started out by replying to the email chain with details on my database plan, and samples of the data so James can make an ER diagram if he wants. At this point I don't have much to do, so I'm trying to learn what I can about querying and postgres. I also tried to learn how to import CSV files into a table through Postgres.

Thursday:
N/A --- SDV 100 with Ms. Magro

Friday:
Today, Mr. Elkner told me that there was an ER diagram circulating within the project collaborators. I did not receive this, so he e-mailed the chain inquiring for the diagram so I could get started. In the mean time I continued my work from last class. This time, I found a very useful software. It's called PGAdmin III, and it allows me to access vavotes and edit the tables in an easy way.

No comments:

Post a Comment