Monday, May 15, 2017

Week 12: Day 55-59 - Continuing SQL


Monday:
I spent most of today in Ms. Magro's class, logging into my nova account and getting to blackboard through myNova. She asked us to do an assignment as well, just as a taste of what was to come. After that, I came back down to the room. The rest of the class I just explored some SQL.

Tuesday:
Today, I re-installed pgAdmin III, an SQL manager for all platforms. The version I had before was not a version that worked with vavotes. It took me most of class to install this, since it was a long process. Afterwards, I connected to vavotes and it was successful. The rest of class I spent learning how to use this properly.

Wednesday:
Today, I spent time practicing my ability to create Entity Relationship Diagrams. It's these diagrams that help you model a database. There are three important terms to know about ER Diagrams. The entities, actions, and attributes. Entities is an object with which you want to store information. An action is the type of relationship between entities. Finally, attributes are characteristics of an entity.

Thursday:
N/A --- SDV 100 w/ Ms. Magro

Friday:
N/A --- Out Sick

No comments:

Post a Comment