Monday, May 22, 2017

Week 13: Day 65-70 - VA Votes #6


Monday:
Today, I spent all of class working with Owen on the VA Votes project. It's part of his senior experience, so we're gonna be working on this a lot more now. He showed me the script that he made in Python, and how it would take data from the CSV data files and convert them into stuff that can be transferred into tables automatically. It was interesting stuff, and I understood thanks to the way he explained it.

Tuesday:
N/A --- Senior Project Presentation

Wednesday:
Today, I provided Owen with information on how I designed my database. Next, I taught him about how to implement primary keys and foreign keys. Afterwards, he taught me some things about querying which I didn't know before. Then I went back and started playing around with a test database to figure apply what I learned earlier to something.

Thursday:
N/A --- SDV 100 w/ Ms. Magro

Friday:
Today, I helped Owen with his walkthrough guide, which documents our steps for the VA Votes project. He asked me some questions that he has been wanting to ask me since SOL week. When we reached PostGIS stuff, Mr. Elkner told me not to worry about it since it was something we haven't been able to reach yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment