Friday, March 3, 2017

Week 4: Day 15-19 - Advanced SQL Queries


Monday:
Today I watched a video on Khan querying in subqueries. It was followed up by an activity as most of these videos are. It was extremely frustrating trying to figure out how to use IN.

Resources:
https://www.khanacademy.org/computing/computer-programming/sql/more-advanced-sql-queries/p/querying-in-subqueries

Tuesday:
Today I helped out a fellow classmate on trying to get Github for Terminal on his Mac. Afterwards, I went to Mr. O'Day's to get footage transferred from my Sony HVR HD-1000u camera onto the computer. My predicament was that there are not that many devices which support FireWire. Thankfully after much searching, there was a PC in the room which had FireWire support. However, it took me a while to figure out how to get my camera into "VCR Mode" so it could start the transfer. I was about to start transfer, but in the middle there was a fire alarm. When I got back I started the transfer, and it was around the end of class when it finished.

Wednesday:
At the beginning of today, I quickly went to Mr. O'Day's to import video from the camera. While it was importing, I went back and did more Khan Academy. Now I'm looking at restricting grouped results with "having".

Resources:
https://www.khanacademy.org/computing/computer-programming/sql/more-advanced-sql-queries/p/restricting-grouped-results-with-having

Thursday:
Today I learned about who issues SQL queries. Afterwards I moved on to calculating results with CASE, and followed up with another activity.

Resources:
https://www.khanacademy.org/computing/computer-programming/sql/more-advanced-sql-queries/a/who-issues-sql-queries
https://www.khanacademy.org/computing/computer-programming/sql/more-advanced-sql-queries/p/calculating-results-with-case

Friday:
Today, Mr. Elkner and I discussed a potential project that I will be working on with a fellow Wakefield student. It required an SQL server, which we set up on a Raspberry Pi. In the meantime I did some research on who the server should be named after. We chose someone whom Mr. Elkner knows for the honor.

No comments:

Post a Comment